Calling for founder! As the largest and most important annual global startup pitch battle in China, founders from the whole world are going to showcase their startups to tier-1 Chinese venture investors, fighting for a prize pool totalling 10 Million USD. Seven top teams from different Tech Track will win a First Prize of 2 Million RMB (approx. 250,000 EUR) each. The application is open now with the submission deadline on 30.04.2023. The grand final battle and a parallel global startup expo is scheduled in early September 2023 in Beijing. As long term partner of HICOOL, Techcode is organizing the Germany section of the competition this year.
7 Tech Tracks are open this year for both startups in early phase “Maker Stage” or more advanced phase “Growth Stage”. Teams in different tracks and stages will compete in corresponding groups and hence have a fair battleground against each other. Applications will be categorized into following 7 Tech Tracks:
- AI / VR / FinTech
- Medicine & Healthcare
- New Generation Information Technology
- High-end Equipment
- New Energy / New Materials / Energy Conservation & Environmental Protection
- Cultural Creativity
- AgriTech / FoodTech
Who are Eligible?
- Global startup founders from all countries are welcomed. You do not need to have a company incorporated for your startup. Nationality plays no role, but you must speak fluent English. You are seriously considering entering the Chinese market and plan to establish your presence in Beijing in the next 12 months.
- Chinese founders could also apply, but shall have obtained an educational degree or have studied, worked, or started a business outside of China for at least more than 1 year, and have returned to China for less than 10 years (i.e. after 01.01.2012).
- Startups already registered in Beijing between 01.01.2012 and 31.12.2021 shall apply for the Growth Stage. Startups registered in Beijing after 01.01.2023 or have not registered any company in China yet, shall apply for the Maker Stage.
- If applying as an individual, you should be the startup’s main founder and the largest natural person shareholder of the company (to be founded), holding no less than 30% of shares.
- If applying as a team, you should be the main founder and largest natural person shareholder of the company (to be founded). Your team members shall hold at least 5% equity each, and the whole team shall hold no less than 50% equity in the project.